Showcase users, you lucky sausages — we've developed an integration that lets you add users to Showcase Workshop via Microsoft's Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Users with particular email domains will be able to log in with their Azure/Microsoft credentials.
It's up to you whether you make this optional or mandatory. If you make it optional, users can still sign in with their Showcase password instead (if they don't have one, they'll be directed to create an account first).
If a user is removed from your organization’s Azure AD, they'll also lose access to Showcase once their authentication token expires.
Note: "Provisioning” is outside the scope of this integration, so assigning users to ‘groups’ in either Showcase or Azure will not carry through between the platforms. You'll need to manage group assignments manually within each platform.
How do I set up Azure AD integration in Showcase?
You must be an Admin user in Showcase and have the ability to add users to Azure AD to set this up.
- First, you'll need to log in to Showcase Workshop using your Azure credentials.
Note: For this to happen, Showcase needs to allow the domain name of your email address (for example, "yourorganization.co.nz"). Allowing this may mean that other users with this domain name briefly see the "log in with Microsoft" option if they try to log in at the same time. This button won't work at this time, so they'll need to sign in with their usual Showcase password.
- Once you've logged in, you should see Showcase Workshop appear under the 'Enterprise Applications' list in Azure AD.
If you don't see us there, you may need to enable 'Legacy View' first.
- Click 'Showcase Workshop' to bring up an overview of the application within Azure AD.
- In the left-hand column, click 'Properties' (it's the first option under 'Manage').
- In the 'Properties' window, set 'Enabled for users to sign in?' to Yes. This will allow users to use Azure AD authentication to sign into Showcase Workshop.
You can leave the rest of the settings in Properties as-is.
- Once you've done this, please email us with the following information:
- Confirmation that Showcase is appearing as expected in the list of Enterprise Applications
- Confirmation that you've enabled users to sign in via Azure AD
- Which domain(s) you would like associated with your workshop (see the Determining Domains section below for more information about this)
- Whether you would like users signing in with this domain to be given the option of signing in with their Microsoft Azure credentials, or whether it should be mandatory.
Note: Each domain is registered separately in the system, so you can make some optional and some mandatory if you want!
How does Showcase know which users are in my organization?
Showcase's super smart system determines whether a user may need to log in with Microsoft Azure credentials by looking at the domain name of the email address they're using to log in.
For example, your organization might have users whose email addresses end in "@yourorganization.co.nz".
We would tell the system that "yourorganization.co.nz" is a domain associated with an Azure AD instance.
Then, when a user with this domain tries to log into Showcase, the system will give them the option of logging in using their Microsoft credentials.|
How many domain names can I have?
You can have multiple domain names in a single workshop, as long as the organization associated with the workshop owns the domains in question. For example, the domain "@bobsburgers.com" could not be associated with the “Your Organisation” workshop, as your organization does not own that domain.
If you own multiple domains, we recommend selecting only one of these domains as a starting point so you can test the integration with a small subset of users (remember: this integration is still in Beta!)
When you contact us to confirm your Azure AD integration, let us know which domain(s) you would like associated with your workshop.
Once your organization selects a sample/test domain, we'll apply this to your workshop and test that everything is working A-okay. If everything goes according to plan, we can expand the list of domains.
Note: We're happy as Larry to discuss further customization of this integration to meet your organization's specific requirements. If you’d like to discuss anything related to this integration, please get in touch with our friendly helpdesk team to organize a call!