Showcase has a fancy feature that lets you add a video or animation to your slide backgrounds using the 'Cinemagraph' feature. Cinemagraphs are still photos that have one or two aspects moving ever so subtly.
Kevin Burg and Jamie Beck have created some incredible cinemagraphs if you're looking for inspiration. Have a chat with your designers about what would work for your business!
Here's how to add a cinemagraph:
- You'll need to remove any existing background image before you can do anything. Open your presentation in the Editor and click 'Background' above your presentation.
- In the drop-down menu, click the 'minus' button in the bottom right corner.
- The drop-down menu will update to show you the regular Slide Background options. Under 'Choose Background' click 'Cinemagraph'.
- This will open your File Library. The system will automatically filter your files so only video or GIF files appear. You can choose a video from your library or upload a brand new file.
Note: We recommend using video files rather than GIFs where possible. Although the system can handle either, videos tend to be quality and are generally better at telling stories through moving information.
- Once you've selected your file, make sure you publish your changes!
Things to remember
- Any video file you use as a background will be muted. If you have a video with important audio, upload it as a regular video instead. This feature is all about adding variety and making your showcase look like a million bucks.
- The system will stretch your file to fit the screen. We recommend previewing it on various devices before publishing to make sure it looks good everywhere.
- The video or animation will play on a loop, so we recommend choosing something that flows nicely.