Slide backgrounds really make your presentations pop. Although we recommend using pre-designed backgrounds, you can use any background that tickles your fancy. You do you!
Heere's how to add a slide background:
- Open the presentation you want to edit in the Editor.
- Navigate to the slide you want to edit and click 'Background' in the toolbar above your presentation.
- If the slide already has a background, you'll see details of the image in the drop-down menu. To replace it, click 'Replace' and select a new file. To remove it completely, click the 'minus' icon next to 'Replace'.
If you haven't yet set a background, the drop-down menu will give you the option to do so. You can add a good old-fashioned image by clicking — you guessed it — 'Image'. If you want something a bit fancier, click 'Cinemagraph' to add a GIF or video file to your background.
- Clicking either of these options will open your File Library where you can either upload a new file or choose one that's already been uploaded.
Note: For a perfect fit, take not of the ideal slide dimensions for your presentation. You'll find these under 'Image' and 'Cinemagraph' on the Slide Background drop-down menu. If your image doesn't fit exactly, the system will center it and make it as big as possible within the dimensions. Any extra space will default to black, which you can change from the Slide Background menu by clicking 'Color'.
- Publish your changes and you're good to go!