In Showcase, we have three ways to share content:
- Share full showcase: this gives you the ability to send your entire showcase to a recipient that does not have the Showcase Workshop app, and does not need their own account. This sends a read-only version of your showcase, not editable.
- Shareable from this slide: the ability to select documents to be shared from a specific slide only.
- Shareable from all slides: Content that is shareable from all slides can shared within the app from any slide or location inside your showcase.
The content you put into these lists do NOT have to already be linked to hotspots in your showcase - you are able to load files directly to these lists, without needing them also visible in your showcase.
If you want files to be shared from anywhere within a showcase i.e Shareable from All Slides - here's how you go about it:
1. In the Home tab of the website, click the ‘Manage sharing’ link associated with the showcase you wish to add shared content to. You can also click 'Sharing' when you're in the editor too.
2. In the pop up, you will see two sections: Shareable from this slide and Shareable from all slides. To add content to the 'Shareable from all slides' list - click Add File.
3. This will pull up the file picker, where you can either select a file from your file library, or upload a new file.
4. Once you've uploaded and chosen your file, you're good to go! You'll see the file name loaded under the Shareable from all slides section. You can easily remove a file again by clicking the small 'x' next to the file name.
Remember to publish your changes so they take effect!
Once you've published, your file will appear in the sharing section when your users tap the sharing arrow in the right hand corner of the app: