Managing the files in your File Library can be as simple as creating folders.
We recommend creating separate top-tier folders for each presentation as a starting point. If it's a big presentation with lots of files, you can create sub-folders for each slide or group of files. How deep you let your file-ception go is up to you!
You could also create top-tier folders for general files that are used in multiple presentations or for any blank templates that you use (generic slide backgrounds, for example).
Here's how to manage your folders.
Create a folder
Log in to the Showcase web app and open your File Library by clicking 'Files' in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click the 'New Folder' icon (a folder with a plus sign) in the toolbar above your files.
- Enter a name for your folder in the box that pops up. We recommend naming your folders something that will make sense to anyone using the File Library — the name of your presentation or title of the slide is perfect!
- Click 'Create' to bring your new folder into existence.
Note: If you want to create a sub-folder, simply click the top-tier folder to open it and repeat the above steps. This will create a folder within your folder (I told you it was file-ception!)
Rename a folder
- Click the folder to open it up.
- Beside the folder name, click the 'Rename folder' icon (it looks like a tiny pencil writing on a tiny piece of paper).
- In the pop-up box, enter a name that's more up your alley and click 'Save'.
Delete a folder
- Open up an empty folder by clicking it.
- Beside the folder name, click the 'Delete folder' icon (the universal trashcan).
- You'll get a pop-up box with one last chance to change your mind but if you're really sure, hit 'Delete' and we'll get rid of the folder for you!
Important note: A folder must be empty before you can delete it. If you try to delete a folder with files in it (even if they're not being used anywhere), you'll get an error message reminding you to delete or move the files stored there first.