Sometimes you have a hotspot set up with the text or background image you want to use but you don't want to go through the process of creating it all again.
We feel your pain!
So we created the ability to copy and paste a hotspot.
If you copy a hotspot, Showcase will copy the styling (font, size, highlight, image etc) and any associated content (i.e. any links to videos, documents, or URLs). It will not copy links to other slides or slideshows.
How to Copy a Hotspot on the Same Slide
- Select the hotspot that you want to copy.
In the options menu above your showcase, click the small 'pages' icon. This is the copy function.
3. You should see an identical hotspot right on top of the original one. You can now move, resize, and edit the new hotspot to your heart's content!
How to Copy a Hotspot to a Different Slide
- Select the hotspot that you'd like to copy.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+C' (or 'Cmd+C' on a Mac). This will copy the hotspot to your clipboard.
- Navigate to the slide you want to copy the hotspot to.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+V' (or 'Cmd+V' on a Mac). Voilà! Your hotspot has been pasted to the new slide.