Sometimes you have a hotspot set up with the text or background image you want to use but you don't want to go through the process of creating it all again.
We feel your pain!
So we created the ability to copy and paste a hotspot.
If you copy a hotspot, Showcase will copy the styling (font, size, highlight, image etc) and any associated content (i.e. any links to videos, documents, or URLs). It will not copy links to other slides or slideshows.
How to copy a hotspot on the same slide
- Sign in to the web app and open your presentation in the Editor
- Click on a hotspot to select it
In the toolbar above your presentation, click the small 'Copy' icon (it looks like two overlapping pages).
- The copied hotspot will appear on top of the existing one. From here, you can move, resize, and edit the hotspot as much (or as little) as you like!
How to copy a hotspot to a different slide
- Select the hotspot you want to copy.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+C' (or 'Command+C' on a Mac). This will copy the hotspot to your clipboard.
- Navigate to the slide you want to copy the hotspot to.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+V' (or 'Command+V' on a Mac). Voilà! Your hotspot has been pasted to the new slide.