The first is by pasting in a list of emails.
The second is by uploading a CSV. This second method allows you to specify groups for the added users, so that you can add users directly to a group when you add them to a workshop.
To add multiple users by pasting emails:
- On the ‘Users’ tab, click ‘Add user’ at the top left of the page.
- Click the ‘Paste emails’ link, under the user details field.
- In the larger field that appears, paste a list of email addresses, separated by a hard return (enter key).
If separated by commas or spaces, the system will treat the 4 entries following the email address as a first name, last name, password & password confirmation respectively.
- Once you have pasted your list, click ‘Load’ and the emails will be loaded into individual fields so that you may choose roles & choose whether to email instructions.
- Once done, click ‘Add user(s)’ to complete the process.
To add multiple users via CSV:
- On the ‘Users’ tab, click ‘Add users’ at the top right of the page.
- Click the "import a CSV file" link, next to the "paste emails" link.
- Grab the sample CSV to see how best to set up your user's details. Note that if you need to specify groups, you can put a user in multiple groups and separate the group names using a 'pipe' character:
- Once you have the CSV set up correctly & saved on your computer, pick "Choose file" to find the CSV file on your computer.
- Click "Load" to load the CSV.
- You still have a chance to check over the user details before confirming the add by clicking the "Add users" button. The system will run through and process these one at a time, and should take 1-2 seconds for each. They will be confirmed in a list below the "Add users" button.