There are a couple of things that can prevent sound playback from videos in the Showcase Workshop app on the iPad. Here are some things you can check right now to help troubleshoot the issue.
- Check that your Showcase app and software versions are up to date.
- Make sure your iPad's 'Mute' switch (located on the side of your iPad) is not accidentally set to 'Mute'. Note: This side switch can also be used to switch lock rotation on and off. To check whether it's being used for mute or lock rotation, go to Settings > General > Use Side Switch To.
- If you're using the side switch for lock rotation — or you don't have a side switch at all — check whether your device is muted via the Control Center. You can access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Try using a pair of headphones. If the sound works with headphones but not without, try adjusting the volume using the buttons on the side of your device.
- Check whether you can get sound on your other apps. If not, it might be a hardware issue with your device! Consult the device manual or help desk — or ask a tech-savvy friend for help.
If you're still having trouble, please email our Help Desk and we'll see if we can get you up and running again.