There are a couple of things that can prevent sound playback from videos in the Showcase Workshop app. Here are some things you can check right now to help troubleshoot the issue.
- Check that your Showcase app and software versions are up to date.
- Make sure your iPad's 'Mute' switch (located on the side of your iPad) is not accidentally set to 'Mute'. Note: This side switch can also be used to switch lock rotation on and off. To check whether it's being used for mute or lock rotation, go to Settings > General > Use Side Switch To.
- If you're using the side switch for lock rotation — or you don't have a side switch at all — check whether your device is muted via the Control Center. You can access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Try using a pair of headphones. If the sound works with headphones but not without, try adjusting the volume using the buttons on the side of your device.
- Check whether you can get sound on your other apps. If not, it might be a hardware issue with your device! Consult the device manual or help desk — or ask a tech-savvy friend for help.
If you're still having trouble, please email our Help Desk and we'll see if we can get you up and running again.