A great way to enhance your branding and add a little flair is to add an introduction video to your first slide. You can set it to play each time someone opens your showcase (users can turn this on/off from the app if desired).
Make sure you check out our excellent advice for integrating your video into your slide design.
To set an intro video:
- Create a new showcase or open an existing one in the Editor.
- In the menu above your showcase, click 'Intro Video' from the list. Note: This option will only show up on the first slide (A1) because it's designed specifically for intros!
- Click ‘Choose video’ in the pop-up box and select a video file from your file library.
- And that's all there is to it! Once you publish your changes, the video will play automatically every time a user opens the showcase.
- If you change your mind, you can always remove the intro video by selecting the Intro Video button and clicking ‘Remove’.
To turn off your intro video in the app:
If the video is getting a bit repetitive, you can stop it from playing every time you open the showcase on your device.
- Open the Showcase Workshop app on your device.
- On the main screen, you'll see a list of all your available showcases. If a showcase has a small 'video play' icon underneath it, that means it has an intro video.
- Tap this icon to turn it on or off (you'll see a line appear through it when it's turned off).