This is the first in an ongoing series highlighting questions or issues that we see most often. We’ve got a comprehensive Knowledge Base covering nearly everything you need to know about Showcase and I highly recommend checking it out if you run into problems.
But sometimes you don’t know what to search for or even that we’ve written an article about the specific problem you’re experiencing. In this series, we’ll be delving into the nuts and bolts of Showcase Workshop and giving you some useful tips for getting the most out of the app!
Sometimes when you're trying to download a presentation from the Showcase app, the system just doesn't want to play ball.
This can happen for a variety of reasons:
- Patchy internet connection
- Part of the device's system crashed or restarted during the download
- The download was taking a while and the device went to sleep while downloading. Zzz.
Since a presentation is made up of multiple files, Showcase needs to download each file individually before it can put them together.
If your internet or device cuts out while downloading any of these files — even for a moment — you might find your showcase doesn't look quite right. This can present itself in a few ways:
- A red 'warning' triangle may appear under the presentation thumbnail
- An error message may appear on your screen
- You may see a black screen when you open your showcase or a specific slide
Beyond the age-old trick of turning your device off and on again, here are some tips to help you troubleshoot a failed download (click the links for detailed instructions on how to complete each one):
- Log out of Showcase Workshop and log back in again.
- Delete the presentation from your device and download it again.
- Uninstall the whole Showcase Workshop app and re-download it on your device.
- Check your internet connection. In general, try to download presentations and files over a solid connection — particularly if you're downloading a large presentation with lots of files.
- Make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of Showcase Workshop.
If all else fails, get in touch with our friendly help desk team — we'd be more than happy to take a look for you!