Users can share two types of content in the Showcase Workshop app:
- The full showcase: Users can send a read-only version of your entire showcase to a recipient even if they don't have the Showcase Workshop app.
- Additional resources: Users can send additional content (such as spec sheets, product lists, or brochures) to a recipient directly from the app. You can set content to be shareable from a specific slide or all slides in your presentation.
Shareable from all slides
If you've got a file that users might want to share with prospective customers or clients regularly, you can make it shareable from all slides so they don't have to navigate to a specific slide (and mess up the rhythm of their sales pitch) to find it.
This will keep your prospects engaged and impress them with how smooth and professional your sales presentations are!
Shareable from a single slide
This is great if you have a lot of content because it helps streamline your shareable content — your users won't have a long list of files to hunt through to find the one they need. This will keep their presentations on track and impress prospects with their professionalism!
Here's how to make content shareable
These features are for Admin and Editor users only. Viewers may want to check out our article about how to share content instead.
Note: This content doesn't have to be linked to a hotspot — you can upload it separately as an additional resource specifically for sharing during presentations.
If your content is already attached to a hotspot:
- Open the Editor and find the slide you want to share the content from.
- Click the relevant hotspot and select the file icon that appears above it. This will open the hotspot file options in the toolbar above your showcase. Alternatively, you can select the hotspot and click the name of the file in the top toolbar.
- In the drop-down menu, click 'Sharing for this file'.
- This will open the 'Manage Sharing' dialog. Check the box next to 'Shareable on this slide' to allow users to share the file from that slide alone or 'Shareable everywhere' to allow users to share it from any slide in the presentation.
- Publish your changes and you're good to go!
If your file is not attached to a hotspot but you want users to be able to share it anyway:
- Open the Editor and find the slide you want to share content from.
- Click 'Sharing' in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- This will open the 'Manage Sharing' options. Click 'Add File' under 'Shareable on this slide' to allow users to share the file from that slide alone. If you want users to be able to share it from any slide in the presentation, click 'Add File' under 'Shareable everywhere'.
- Don't forget to publish your changes!